Monday, May 15, 2017

Hongkong Holiday : Victoria Peak

I just came back from my 4 days 3 nights holiday at Hongkong - Macau. So I want to take you all to my holiday stories! And the story begins...


Departures from Korea around 08.00 o'clock in the morning. I arrived at Hongkong on 11.00 Hongkong time, rush into the Immigration and take my baggage.

After done with everything, I bought MTR Airport Express Ticket to Kowloon (my hotel was around the Tsim Sha Tsui area). You can buy the MTR Airport Express ticket at the Counter Train Ticket, you can find the counter right after you passed the exit door of the arrival gate.

The counter has a light board with "Train Ticket to City." The Airport Express MTR will be stopped at the 3 stations, which are Tsing Yi, Kowloon and Hongkong. You can pick the destination you as the place you need to go. In my case, I bought one SINGLE JOURNEY ticket to Kowloon. With price 90HKD.

After buying my ticket I went to wifi portable rental counter to pick up my wifi portable. I already booked and payed the rent cost with the internet since I am still in Korea. You can check the price and requirements in this website https://www.klook.com/activity/660-hong-kong-pocket-wifi-device/?fp_count=1.


Done with the wifi portable matter, I rushed to the Airport Express MTR Station to ride my train to the city. Just follow the sign board in the airport, the station easier to find. FYI, the train always arrived every 10 minutes, so you don't need to worry and enjoy your trip. And it takes around 30 minutes until I arrived at the Kowloon Station and take taxi to go to Tsim Sha Tsui area. And I just met the cutest taxi driver ever, I just saw him check the Hongkong map with very big magnifying glass I have ever seen before!


Arrived at my Hotel, check-in and meet my Hongkong friend, Eunice (you can know her more, click her blog on here) at the Tsim Sha Tsui Station. Because I really hungry, I need "snack time" before continuing my Journey. And right in the front of my hotel, I found Classic Pan-fried Buns cafe, then I ordered the Signature Pan-fried Buns (4 pcs)! And when I started to bite that, WOW the soup in the inside of bun crazily spurted everywhere almost shoot my friend's clothes. And my friend just told me to bite the bun skins with a small bite, then drink the soup and eat the meat inside. AHA! I just clueless with how to eat this bun, but this bun absolutely tasty, especially with the soup! The soup was salty and full of spice, great as the special about the Chinese Food taste. The meat inside was soft and delicious, perfect to snack-time.
Price: 28HKD / 4 pcs

How to find the store:
Cheung Hing Kee Shanghai Pan-Fried Buns Lock Road
Hongkong 9-52 Lock Road.


And then after filling my stomach with that tasty Buns, I and a friend walk directly to the Star Ferry Pier to take a boat to the Hongkong Island because we are going to go The Peak! Okay, this is what you need to do when you want to go The Peak.

First, go to Star Ferry Pier and buy the boat ticket, in my case I bought a one-way ticket with price 2.50HKD, you just need to find a ticket machine in the front of the entrance gate, after buying the ticket you just need to waiting for your time to take the boat. They operated from 06.30AM to 11.30PM Hongkong Time with frequent of arrival 6-10 minutes.


I really love to enjoy the view from the boat, it was very beautiful, I really enjoy the boat ride, sometimes I just want to put down my phone and forget every problem I have and just enjoy the view. The boat ride just takes around 10 minutes and I arrived at the Central Pier.


After arriving at Central Pier, we take a 2 stories bus to go Peak Tower. The bus number was 15B and the cost was 20HKD. After around 10 minutes ride the bus, finally the bus comes into the uphill road with a very magnificent view of Hongkong City until finally we arrived at The Peak Galleria.


That time was a holiday so there are a lot of people there. If you want to enjoy the view, you can go straight to The Peak Tower, which located on the highest floor of the Peak Galleria. The Peak Tower is located at an elevation of 396 m, 156 m below the summit of Victoria Peak. Because the architects sought a design which would be prominent on the skyline, but would not interrupt the natural line of the hills, they chose a site in a dip along the line of the hills and restricted the tower's height to 428 m above sea level. And just for your information, The Madame Tussauds is located here.

The Peak Galleria.
Address: 118 Peak Road.
For more information or ticket reservation, please click this link http://www.thepeak.com.hk/en


And time to eat!!! Very hungry, we directly to go a Chinese restaurant called Lu Fen and ordered some dim sum! We ordered Barbecued Pork Bun, Steam Rice Roll with Shrimp, Deep Fried Meshed Taro, and Jasmine Tea.


Barbecued Pork Bun never be wrong right? The warm and soft of the bun was perfectly matched with the Barbecued Pork inside of the bun.
Price: 38HKD


Steam Rice Roll with Shrimp was perfectly good! I really missed the food with steam rice style, which a little bit hard to find at Korea, the shrimp inside was wonderful as well.
Price: 55HKD


Deep Fried Meshed Taro! I really often eat this kind of Deep Fried dim sum, but this is the first time for Taro. Clearly, this food was very good and worth to try.
Price: 36HKD

Lu Feng Restaurant.
128 Peak Rd, The Peak Shop 3A-B, Level 2&3, The Peak Tower, Hongkong.
www.epicurean.com.hk



After full, we ready to do hiking at Victoria Peak, start easy but end exhausted but fun. You know the good things about hiking is when you see the magnificent view from the peak. Hongkong is the one of beautiful city with a really great view there.



Done with hiking we back to The Peak Galleria with very thirsty throat. So we rushed to order a bubble tea. And now time to go back to the Central Pier to take our boat back to Shim Sha Tsui.

Still use the same bus with number 15B, I and a friend sat on the second floor of the bus. The view was great once again but sit on the second floor of the bus not my favorite thing. And finally, we arrived at the Central Pier and once again take the boat to come back to Star Ferry Pier and eat dinner at Tsim Sha Tsui area.


And for dinner, we went to a restaurant called Tam Jai and ordered Yunnan Noodle, Minced Pork, and Bandit Chicken Wing.


Yunnan Noodle was tasty and delicious. The soft noodle and salty soup made perfect combination. But for me, the volume of the noodle was very big.
Price: 31HKD


Minced Pork was great and full of spices. And matched well with my salty tongue.
Price: 5HKD


And the greatest Bandit Chicken Wing. I think this was the best chicken wing I ever had! I really love the taste because of the fullness of spices. Wonderful and two thumbs up!
Price: 22HKD / 3pcs

Tam Jai Restaurant.
1 Humphreys Avenue Hongkong.


After dinner, my feet were very weak after morning flight and hiking. And the next day is Disneyland! So for charger my energy, come back to my hotel, unpacking, take a shower and sleep!!!

And my first day in Hongkong done!


FOLLOW ME AND LET'S GET LOST!


1 comment:

  1. I see your blog regularly. Your blog is very useful for us. If you are screaming out “Riding dress” you’ve come to the most elite Riding dress service...Click Here

    ReplyDelete